HLS is committed to making a positive difference. We focus on corporate environmental responsibility and invest in modern manufacturing efficiencies to reduce material usage and waste creation while enhancing product quality.
Our environmental commitment
- We manufacture long-lasting laboratory products using steel with high recycled steel content, wood from sustainable forests, and environmentally friendly coatings.
- We protect our environment by eliminating VOC’s and minimizing our impact on the waste stream.
- 100% green company – no hazardous waste
- LEED compliant projects
- AWI Quality Certification Program (QCP) Premium certified
- Supporters of I2SL’s efforts to develop environmentally safe and sustainable labs
- Zero waste sent to landfills
- Major investments in modern manufacturing to reduce material usage and waste creation
- Powder coat paint reclamation for painted steel products
- Products tested to SEFA performance standards
- Energy efficient LED task lighting available
- Wood casework products and are California Air Resources Board (CARB) compliant
Energy efficient, low volume fume hoods that result in considerable energy cost reduction
HLS creates sustainable products that will continuously adapt to changing needs. Our objective is to develop new products and systems designed to be reconfigured and relocated, offering flexibility to laboratories.